Sunday, July 5, 2009

But You Just Say, It's OK

Currently Playing: "RPG Shine" by W & Whale

I like bands that use the piano as one of their instruments. It gives me inspiration for when I need to write music which isn't going so well, by the way. I'll get to it later.

Again, I like the female vocals. Not high-pitched and annoying, so it's easy to listen to. This band consists of the male trio W and the female singer Whale (hence their name becoming W & Whale). Their song RPG Shine (RPG = Rocket Punch Generation) was the title track on the I Like It Hot OST. I haven't seen that movie. I guess I will since I like this song. :D

I have all of their albums that they have released so far. Apparently, I've already listened to the entire 2nd album, but I honestly can't remember anything but the title track. I have a really bad habit of leaving music on and not actually listening to it. I'll listen carefully from now on.


----------

I went to the Boston Pops 4th of July Celebration yesterday. I left Christina's house at 4:30AM and got there at 5:30AM. The oval didn't open till 9, so we ended up sitting in line for 3 1/2 hours until we were finally let in. It was crazy because people were running to get a spot in the front. We were about 7 rows back from the stage, so we were pretty close. The concert didn't start till 8PM. Lots of sitting around and waiting. Plus, it was really hot and I thought I was going to die because I wore jeans instead of shorts...

I think I got on T.V. 3 times? I did this retarded dance when I saw the camera on me because I was excited. Hahaha. I looked so dumb.

Harry Potter comes out next Wednesday! I'm going to see the midnight show with Emily and Christina and a few of her friends. Excited.

So, I am supposed to write music over the summer for this "band" thing, which I don't expect to go through fully in terms of doing band-like things... But anyways, I've been getting little melodies done on the piano and lots done in my head, but I can't put lyrics to any of them. Writing songs is so hard. Since I find writing stories easier, I tried making stories into lyrics, but then I don't want to many "story songs" so I end up writing nothing. I need inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home